Back to Adobe Board
0
Discussion

Any internal rumors about the Figma deal fallout impacting us?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the vibe in the office shifted over the last couple of weeks? Since the deal fell through, it feels like leadership has been incredibly tight-lipped during the all-hands. I’m starting to notice a lot more 'optimization' talk in the project planning meetings, which usually feels like a precursor to a restructuring announcement. I’ve been talking to a few people on my team and nobody seems to know what the current headcount targets actually are for the next quarter. I’ve been here for three years and usually, there’s some transparency, but the silence right now is deafening. Has anyone heard anything concrete from managers in other departments about potential budget freezes? I'm debating whether it's time to start polishing my portfolio or if I'm just being paranoid because of the general tech climate right now. It feels like we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·18h ago

The shift in the office is definitely real. Leadership is definitely pivoting hard since the deal fell through. I’ve noticed the same buzzwords about 'streamlining resources' creeping into every single sync. It’s impossible to get a straight answer on headcount, which usually means the budget was slashed and they’re waiting for the right moment to deliver the bad news. Just keep your head down and update your portfolio. Everyone I talk to is nervous, and frankly, the silence from the top is the biggest red flag of all.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·18h ago

Honestly, stop looking for answers from leadership. They won't tell us anything until the severance packages are finalized. The 'optimization' talk is just PR speak for cuts that should have happened months ago. We all knew the Figma acquisition was the only thing propping up the growth narrative, and now that it’s dead, the pressure to cut costs is going to be brutal. Don't waste your energy guessing targets; just assume the worst and start networking externally now before the market gets even more saturated with our own people.