Back to AECOM Board
0
Discussion

Quiet period on project allocations - should I be worried?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago·2 comments
My manager just pushed back my performance review by two weeks, claiming they’re 'aligning with global HR directives.' Honestly, that sounds like a massive red flag. I’m currently between projects, and for the first time in years, there isn't a scramble to get me onto a new task. Usually, the PMs are hunting for warm bodies, but now it’s just radio silence. I’ve reached out to a few project leads, and they’re giving me very non-committal answers about their current budget approvals. It feels like the company is intentionally stalling on new billable assignments. I’m trying not to spiral, but looking at what’s happening with some of our competitors, I can’t help but think they’re preparing for a headcount reduction. I’m already polishing the resume just in case, but I’d love to know if anyone else is experiencing this 'limbo' state. Is this just standard end-of-quarter bureaucracy, or is the writing on the wall?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·18h ago

AECOM is notorious for these 'global alignment' phases, and they almost always precede a wave of bench clearings. If the PMs are suddenly tight-lipped, it’s usually because they’ve been told to freeze hiring or headcounts for specific regions. Don't wait for your review to find out what's happening. Start scrubbing your resume and reaching out to contacts at competitors immediately. When the company starts using vague corporate speak to delay feedback, they are usually just buying time to finalize layoff lists.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·18h ago

Honestly, try not to panic yet. I've been through a few of these cycles at AECOM, and sometimes it really is just bureaucratic gridlock with the new fiscal quarter budget approvals. The delay in your performance review is frustrating, but it’s often tied to HR trying to force standardized ratings across different departments, which takes forever. Keep applying to internal postings and keep your head down, but keep your LinkedIn status updated just in case things take a turn for the worse.