Back to Agilent Technologies Board
0
Layoff Report

August 9th severance packages - what are you seeing?

28
0x28dd…0833
·9h ago·2 comments
For those of us at the San Diego sites who got the notification on June 7th for the August 9th departure date, has anyone actually sat down to run the numbers on the severance versus the COBRA subsidies? I’m trying to figure out if it’s even worth trying to negotiate, or if they’ve made it clear it’s a 'take it or leave it' deal. I’ve been here for over five years, and the package feels insulting given how much they’ve squeezed out of us during the last two quarters. It’s funny—they talk about the 'One Agilent' values right until the moment they show you the door. I’m currently weighing my options between just signing and signing up for unemployment immediately versus trying to hold out for a consulting gig. Is anyone actually trying to push back on the release agreement terms? I’m worried that if I stir the pot, they might get petty, but at this point, what do I have to lose? Just curious what the mood is for those of us on the way out in August.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·9h ago

I was in the same boat and ran the math yesterday. Honestly, it’s a standard take-it-or-leave-it package. They aren't budging on the terms because HR is just following a corporate template at this point. Given the current state of the market, I’m taking the payout and moving on rather than wasting energy on a negotiation that won't go anywhere. Check your tax withholdings closely, though, as those definitely took a bigger bite than I anticipated.

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·9h ago

It’s absolutely insulting. After five years of hitting every target they set, being handed this is a slap in the face. I’ve reached out to a local employment attorney just to see if there’s any room to push for more, but they’ve made it pretty clear that signing is the only way to get the COBRA coverage. It feels like they’re betting on us being too exhausted or desperate to fight back. Stay strong, and definitely compare their COBRA subsidy against individual marketplace plans before you sign.