Back to Albemarle Board
0
Layoff Report

Signs of a potential RIF in Q3/Q4?

53
0x532e…653d
·9h ago·2 comments
With the lithium price volatility and the stock performance looking the way it does, I’m getting pretty anxious about job security. There’s a lot of chatter about 'right-sizing' and 'operational efficiency' lately. In my experience, once leadership starts throwing around those buzzwords in town halls without any concrete goals, it’s a red flag. I haven't heard any concrete rumors yet, but the lack of transparency is starting to feel intentional. Is anyone hearing anything from their managers or internal sources? I’m trying to decide if it’s time to start polishing the resume or if I’m just letting the anxiety get to me. Would appreciate any real insights.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·9h ago

The shift in management’s tone lately is definitely impossible to ignore. Every time they bring up 'operational efficiency' in these town halls, it feels like they’re just prepping us for the worst. It’s hard to focus on day-to-day projects when the lithium market is bottoming out and the leadership team is being this vague. I’ve started updating my resume just in case, because in my experience, the silence from upper management usually means they’re just waiting for the right moment to announce cuts.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·9h ago

Honestly, I wouldn't panic just yet, but keep your eyes open. Albemarle has been through industry cycles before, and 'right-sizing' is standard corporate speak whenever margins tighten up. Managers are likely being kept in the dark by design, so don't expect them to give you a straight answer until the ink is already dry on a layoff plan. Focus on your performance metrics and networking internally, but start preparing a safety net. It’s better to be over-prepared for a RIF that never happens than caught completely off guard.