Back to Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Board
0
Layoff Report

Is the rumor about a headcount reduction legit?

31
0x317a…a7a2
·2d ago·2 comments
I’ve heard from two different sources in middle management that we might be looking at a headcount reduction before the end of the year. They’re calling it 'streamlining,' but we all know what that actually means in this industry. It’s frustrating because we’ve been hitting our development milestones, but I guess it’s all about the burn rate now. Does anyone have actual intel on which departments are supposedly on the chopping block? I’m trying to figure out if my team is at risk. I’ve been looking at the internal portal and noticed a few roles that were posted last month have suddenly been pulled without explanation. That’s rarely a good sign. If they do go through with it, I hope they at least offer a decent severance package given the current state of the job market. This place used to feel so secure, but it feels like that dynamic has shifted in the last six months. If anyone has heard anything from their directors or has access to internal leaks, please share. I’d rather know what I’m walking into than be blindsided by a random calendar invite on a Friday morning.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

The 'streamlining' talk is definitely circulating, and it’s hitting the usual anxiety buttons across the office. From what I’ve gathered through the grapevine, focus is shifting heavily toward prioritizing late-stage clinical assets, which inevitably puts the discovery and early-stage R&D groups in a more precarious spot. It’s hard to ignore the internal messaging about capital allocation when the market is this tight. My advice is to keep your resume polished and stay close to your direct supervisor; if there's any concrete word on specific departments, it usually leaks through the grapevine about two weeks before the official town hall.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·2d ago

Honestly, take the office rumors with a grain of salt until you see something official. People love to stir the pot when things get quiet, but Alnylam has a strong track record of hitting their commercial targets recently, which usually buys a bit of stability. That said, cost-cutting is the industry standard right now regardless of performance. If you’re worried, look at your project’s budget status and see if it’s flagged as a core priority for the upcoming fiscal year. If it’s essential to the core portfolio, you’re likely safe. If it’s experimental or peripheral, start networking just in case.