Back to American Express Board
0
Rant

Another round of 'optimization' – is anyone actually surprised?

22
0x22d3…b86a
·1d ago·2 comments
It’s becoming an annual tradition at this point, isn't it? Another 161 gone in NJ, and I’m sure it’s just the tip of the iceberg for the quarter. Honestly, the constant 'streamlining' talk in every town hall is just corporate speak for 'we're cutting headcount to keep the stock price propped up for shareholders.' I’m tired of the back-to-office mandates and the fake promises of stability. We work our tails off, hit the metrics, and get treated like a line item on an Excel sheet. I’m already looking at exit strategies. If you’re still inside and feeling comfortable, don’t be—no one is safe here anymore. Does anyone else feel like the ship is slowly taking on water while the leadership pretends we’re cruising at full speed?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago

The cycle is exhausting. I’ve seen this script play out so many times now that the town halls feel like a rehearsed performance. They talk about innovation and growth while handing out pink slips to the people actually building the product. It’s impossible to feel secure when you’re just a variable in their cost-reduction algorithm. I’ve started polishing my resume during the lunch hour because it’s clear that loyal service doesn't buy you any real protection here anymore. Good luck to everyone getting the boot today.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago

I’m honestly not even shocked by the news anymore. It’s become standard procedure to trim the fat right before the quarter closes, regardless of how much extra weight the remaining team has to carry. The 'return to office' mandate was the final sign that they don't care about retention or morale; it was just a soft layoff strategy to make people quit on their own. The best advice I can give is to stop putting your personal well-being on the line for a company that views you as nothing more than an expense to be managed.