Back to American Express Board
0
Layoff Report

NJ folks - any word on the 161 impacted?

53
0x532e…653d
·1d ago·2 comments
I’m seeing the WARN filing for 161 people across NJ locations as of May 27th. Has anyone heard if this was isolated to specific divisions or if it’s a broader cleanup? My team has been dead silent since Monday and management isn't saying a word, just acting like it's business as usual. It’s the uncertainty that gets me the most. I’ve been with Amex for a few years now, but the vibe lately is just draining. If you’re impacted, please share what the package looks like—I need to know if I should be mentally preparing for a similar outcome in my department. Stay strong everyone, this company isn't what it used to be.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·1d ago

The silence from leadership is standard procedure, which honestly makes it worse. I’m in one of the impacted divisions, and you’re right to be concerned. My advice is to update your resume and start networking quietly on LinkedIn before they pull system access. The severance packages are generally decent, but don't hold your breath for transparency. This feels like the start of a much larger restructuring, not just a one-off event. Protect yourself and don't assume your role is safe just because you haven't been tapped yet.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·1d ago

I’m sorry you’re going through this. The anxiety of not knowing is definitely the worst part. From what I’ve heard circulating, these cuts were fairly targeted toward specific support roles, but leadership is playing it extremely close to the chest to prevent a total productivity collapse. Don't waste energy waiting for an email from management that might never come. Reach out to colleagues you trust to see if anyone has real info. Stay focused on your own exit strategy; at the end of the day, we are all just numbers on a spreadsheet to them.