Back to ANSYS Board
0
Discussion

Any rumblings about Q3 performance impact on headcount?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
Is anyone else feeling the shift in the air lately? The last couple of all-hands meetings have felt incredibly scripted, and the emphasis on 'operational efficiency' is starting to sound like code for something else. I’ve been here for four years, and usually, when the messaging pivots this hard toward cost-cutting and lean resource allocation, a RIF isn't far behind. My skip-level manager has suddenly gone radio silent on the project roadmap for Q4, and the lack of clear direction is honestly making me nervous. Has anyone heard anything about budget tightening in your respective divisions? I’m seeing some open requisitions being pulled down or placed on indefinite hold, which is never a great sign. Trying to gauge if I should polish the resume now or if I’m just being paranoid because of the general tech climate. Any insights from those in Engineering or Product?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

I’ve been tracking the same patterns. The 'operational efficiency' buzzword is the classic corporate red flag that usually precedes a bad Tuesday morning meeting. When roadmap discussions stall out, it’s rarely a sign of strategic focus; it’s almost always a sign that leadership is waiting on HR to finalize the severance lists. If your manager has gone quiet, start polishing your resume and backing up your personal files now. It’s better to be prepared for a transition than to be caught off guard when the access gets cut off overnight.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

It feels like we’re all just waiting for the other shoe to drop at this point. I remember the last time they started using the 'streamlining' language, and we saw a significant reduction in force within three months. The scripted nature of the all-hands is the biggest tell—leadership is clearly trying to keep a lid on the rumors until the fiscal reports are finalized. Don't wait for them to give you a heads-up. If the environment feels this cold, trust your gut and start quietly testing the external job market while you still have your current role.