Back to A.O. Smith Board
0
Discussion

A.O. Smith: Is the grass actually greener elsewhere?

70
0x7036…5650
·1d ago·2 comments
I’ve been with the company for a few years now, and the morale since the mid-year cuts is hitting rock bottom. It feels like every quarter we’re holding our breath to see which site is next on the chopping block. The work environment has become incredibly transactional. I used to feel like I was building a career here, but now I’m just waiting for the next restructuring announcement. For those who left during the August layoffs, how did the transition go? Are you finding better stability elsewhere in the industrials sector? I’m seriously considering jumping ship before the next round of 'strategic realignment' hits my department. This constant uncertainty is eating me alive and I’m tired of being told to 'do more with less' while our colleagues are being shown the door.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago

I was one of those let go in August and, honestly, leaving was the best thing that could have happened to me. The constant anxiety over the next round of cuts at A.O. Smith was mentally exhausting. Since moving to a competitor, I’ve realized how much I had normalized the toxic, transactional culture. Stability exists elsewhere, and the market is definitely still hiring. Don't waste your energy waiting for the other shoe to drop; start polishing your resume now. You deserve to work somewhere that treats you like a person, not just a liability on a spreadsheet.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·1d ago

It is frustrating to see the place slide like this. I’ve survived the recent rounds, but the atmosphere has become suffocating. The lack of transparency from management is what really stings; we’re all just guessing while they talk about 'restructuring.' I’m keeping my head down for now because the benefits are still okay, but I’m definitely checking the job boards weekly. If you have the savings or the opportunity, getting out might be the only way to save your sanity. It is sad to see what has happened to the team culture over the last eighteen months.