Back to Arthur J. Gallagher Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else hearing whispers about Q3 headcounts?

2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago·1 comments
Is it just me, or does the vibe in the office feel a bit off lately? I’ve been with Gallagher for a few years now, and usually, we’re all about that aggressive growth mindset. But the past few weeks, leadership has been extremely tight-lipped about the upcoming budget reviews. We had a couple of random project cancellations in my division, and my manager has been dodging questions about backfilling open roles on our team. It feels like the classic quiet phase before they announce a 'restructuring' or 'efficiency drive.' I’m not trying to spread panic, but I’ve been updating my resume just in case. Has anyone seen any weird indicators in their specific regions or divisions? I know we’re supposedly insulated compared to the broader market, but the constant push for higher margins lately is making me nervous. Let me know if you guys are seeing the same weird energy, or if I’m just being paranoid.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·1d ago

It’s definitely not just you. I’ve noticed the same trend in my region. Whenever Gallagher starts acting cagey about the budget and freezing backfills, a headcount reduction usually follows shortly after. It feels like they are tightening the belt across the board, even if they won't say it out loud yet. Keep your resume updated and start networking outside the firm now, just in case things take a turn for the worse after the Q3 reviews wrap up. Better to be prepared than blindsided by a sudden restructuring announcement.