Join the discussion — anonymously
Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.
Comments (2)
It is honestly exhausting. You hit the nail on the head regarding the irony of how we treat our own people. I have been through three 'restructuring' phases in two years, and every time, the workload doubles while the headcount shrinks. I used to be proud of the solutions we provide, but now it just feels like we are grinding ourselves into the dust to meet arbitrary metrics that don't account for the reality on the ground. Everyone I talk to is polishing their resume and looking for an exit.
I have noticed the exact same shift in the culture. The relentless focus on short-term optimization is completely stripping away the value we actually deliver to clients. When you cut this deep, you aren't just trimming fat; you are cutting into the bone. It is impossible to provide quality service when you are drowning in a backlog that never ends. Management seems to think productivity is just a number you can dial up, but they are ignoring the fact that the human element of this business is officially broken.