Back to Automatic Data Processing Board
0
Discussion

Is anyone actually surprised by the New Boston news?

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·23h ago·1 comments
Honestly, the 75-person hit in New Boston is just another Tuesday at ADP at this point. I remember when we used to pride ourselves on being a 'stable' employer, but now it feels like every department is waiting for the other shoe to drop. The communication from leadership is always the same boilerplate trash about 'optimizing our footprint' and 'leveraging global resources,' but we all know it’s just about hitting arbitrary headcount targets to satisfy the shareholders. I’m tired of the 'do more with less' mantra. My team is already running at 110% capacity, and every time someone gets laid off, the workload just gets dumped on the remaining survivors without any salary adjustment. It’s a toxic cycle. I’m currently looking for the exit because I refuse to wait until my department is the next one on the chopping block. Has anyone moved to a competitor recently? I’m curious if the grass is actually greener or if the entire payroll/HCM industry is just this miserable right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·23h ago

It’s wild how normalized these layoffs have become. I remember joining ADP a few years back thinking it was a long-term career play, but the culture has shifted into a revolving door. The 'optimizing' rhetoric is just a thin veil for executive incompetence. We are all just spreadsheet entries to them at this point, waiting for our turn to be cut to boost those quarterly margins. It’s exhausting to pretend that company loyalty means anything when the strategy is purely reactive downsizing.