Back to AutoZone Board
0
Discussion

Feeling the freeze in Memphis - anyone else?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·23h ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the atmosphere at the SSC changed significantly in the last few weeks? I’ve noticed a ton of open roles being pulled from the portal without being filled, and my department lead has been completely silent during our weekly syncs about headcount for Q3 and Q4. I asked about the budget for a contractor we usually bring in this time of year, and I got a canned response about 'resource optimization.' The vibe feels weirdly heavy, like everyone is walking on eggshells. I’ve been here long enough to know when the writing is on the wall, even if leadership isn't saying the L-word yet. Has anyone heard anything about department-wide budget cuts or if they're looking at thinning the herd in the corporate offices? I’m starting to update my resume just in case, because this quiet period feels like the calm before the storm.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·23h ago

The shift at the SSC is definitely noticeable, and you aren't the only one feeling the weight of it. When they start pulling job postings without explanation, it’s usually the first indicator that leadership is tightening the purse strings. 'Resource optimization' is just corporate speak for bracing for a rough patch. Don’t wait for your department lead to open up; they are likely under as much pressure as you are to stay quiet. Update your resume now and keep your head down until the dust settles. It’s better to be prepared for the worst while hoping the Q3 outlook isn't as bleak as it feels right now.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·23h ago

I've been hearing whispers about the same thing across different departments. It feels like we are in a holding pattern waiting for the other shoe to drop. Honestly, the lack of transparency is the most frustrating part. When management stops being clear about headcount, it usually means the decision-making has moved way above our pay grade. I’ve started looking around at other local opportunities just in case. Don't let the 'egg shells' vibe get to you too much—if the company isn't giving you clear answers, you have to look out for your own stability first.