Back to Baker Hughes Board
0
Layoff Report

Severance packages for the 7/9 NW Houston wave

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·23h ago·1 comments
Just got the meeting invite this morning. 7/9 marks my last day at the NW Houston site. Honestly, the atmosphere in the office has been toxic for months, but getting the axe still stings when you have a mortgage and kids in school. I’m trying to figure out if the severance package they’re pushing is standard or if it’s worth pushing back on. Has anyone else received their documents yet? I’ve heard rumors that the multiplier is based on years of service, but the math seems a bit off in the paperwork they sent over. Also, does anyone know if they are paying out the full PTO balance? I’ve got nearly three weeks banked and really don’t want to lose that on top of everything else. This whole process feels rushed and cold, just like the last round. Really frustrating to see how they treat tenured staff. If anyone has tips on the negotiation process or knows a good local employment lawyer who has dealt with Baker Hughes transitions before, please DM me or drop a comment. I’m just trying to figure out my next move and make sure I’m not leaving money on the table before I walk out that door for the last time.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·23h ago

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Check the severance policy in the employee handbook first to see if the multiplier matches what you were promised. Many people don't realize that HR often leaves room for negotiation if you have specific leverage or if the calculation seems legitimately incorrect based on your tenure. Don't sign anything immediately; take the documents to an employment lawyer if the offer feels significantly lower than industry standards for your role and years of service. It’s a tough situation, but keep your head up and document everything regarding your exit process.