Back to Baker Hughes Board
0
Discussion

Third round of cuts this year? What's the endgame?

52
0x52c1…6a4f
·23h ago·2 comments
I’ve been tracking the headcount at the NW Houston campus and it feels like we are seeing a 'death by a thousand cuts' strategy. With 174 people let go on July 9th, that brings our total reduction for the year into a really grim territory. At what point does management realize that you can’t just cut your way to profitability while expecting the remaining team to pick up double the workload? The morale in the building is non-existent. We’re losing institutional knowledge that takes years to build, and for what? Just to make the quarterly report look a little cleaner for the shareholders? I’m starting to think that even if you survived this latest round, it’s only a matter of time before the next wave comes through. I’m already dusting off the resume and updating my LinkedIn. It’s clear that 'efficiency' is just the new corporate speak for 'running the place into the ground.' Has anyone heard any whispers from the floor about a fourth round, or are they claiming we’re done for now? I personally don’t trust a word coming out of corporate communications anymore.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·23h ago

It is the same story every fiscal quarter. They keep trimming the fat until there is no muscle left, yet they act surprised when output drops and projects start slipping. At this point, the leadership team seems more focused on stock performance for the next earnings call than maintaining any real operational integrity. If you have any options, start looking for an exit strategy now, because the culture is clearly spiraling and I don't see a turnaround happening anytime soon.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·23h ago

I hear you, and it’s honestly exhausting watching it happen in real-time. It feels like they are stripping the company down to the bare bones just to show temporary margin improvements, completely ignoring the long-term impact on our talent pool. Everyone I talk to in the halls is just waiting for the next shoe to drop. It’s hard to stay motivated when you’re doing the job of three people for the same pay, knowing your own badge access could be revoked at any moment.