Back to CBRE Group Board
0
Rant

Feeling like a number: The morale at CBRE is at an all-time low

28
0x28dd…0833
·4d ago·2 comments
It’s not just the 42 people who lost their jobs on May 2nd; it’s the thousands of us left behind trying to cover for three people who were let go last year. Management keeps preaching about 'operational excellence,' but how are we supposed to be excellent when we don’t even know if our team will exist in six months? I remember when CBRE felt like a place with actual career progression. Now, it feels like a revolving door where the only metric that matters is how much they can shave off the overhead. I’m honestly just checking out. I do my tasks, I don’t volunteer for extra projects anymore, and I spend half my day scrolling job boards on my phone. Why should I invest any more of my mental health into a company that clearly views me as a line item on a spreadsheet? If you're still employed there, protect your energy and start planning your exit now. Don't wait for the WARN notice to force your hand.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·4d ago

I hear you loud and clear. It’s impossible to feel motivated when your primary job description shifts from delivering high-quality results to simply managing the fallout of a shrinking headcount. The 'operational excellence' line is just corporate speak for doing more with less until we all burn out. I used to be proud of the work we did here, but now it feels like every day is just a countdown to the next round of restructuring. You’re definitely not alone in feeling like just another number on a spreadsheet.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·4d ago

Look, it’s a rough patch, but let's be honest about the industry reality. Commercial real estate is cyclical and everyone is tightening their belts right now. While the communication from leadership has been lacking, the focus on efficiency is necessary to keep the firm competitive in a volatile market. If you feel like your career progression is stalled, it might be time to start looking at where the market is actually growing instead of waiting for a corporate turnaround that may not prioritize individual growth.