Back to CenterPoint Energy Board
0
Discussion

Looking to jump ship before the next round

7F
0x7f73…4468
·3d ago·1 comments
I’m currently in a mid-level role and the atmosphere here has become completely toxic. Ever since the rumors started circulating about more cuts beyond the June 30th WARN notices, nobody is getting any actual work done. Everyone is just looking over their shoulder, waiting for a calendar invite from HR. It’s hard to stay motivated when you know your department is likely next on the chopping block. I’ve started interviewing elsewhere, but the utility sector feels pretty locked down right now. Has anyone here had success moving to a different utility company recently, or are they all suffering from the same 'efficiency' mandate? I’m genuinely concerned that if I stay, I’m just going to be escorted out by the end of the year anyway. Is it better to just jump into a totally different industry at this point? Curious to hear if anyone has successfully pivoted out of this company recently.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·3d ago

The atmosphere at CenterPoint has shifted from professional to paranoid in record time. It feels like we are all just marking time until the next round of layoffs hits. At this point, I’ve stopped engaging in project planning because the goalposts move every single week. If you have the chance to leave, take it. The job market might feel tight, but working in a place where your job security is tied to a rolling calendar of HR notifications is not sustainable for your mental health. Get out while you can.