0
Layoff Report
Confirmed: More notices going out July 1st
73
0x7371…407fFor those asking, yes, the El Segundo WARN filing is accurate. 20 heads. It’s official. The notice was filed back in May, but the impact hits on July 1st. I know some of you were hoping this was just a rumor or a misinterpretation of the internal memos, but the state filings don't lie. I’m hearing that these are mostly support roles, but the anxiety here is at an all-time high.
I’ve got colleagues who were given the news yesterday, and the severance packages seem pretty standard, nothing to write home about. It’s always the same script—they thank you for your service and promise it was a 'difficult decision' driven by changing business needs. Whatever that means. If you haven't checked your inbox or had a meeting scheduled with HR yet, maybe you're in the clear for this round, but don't hold your breath. This industry is brutal right now, and Chevron isn't exempt from the pressure to keep the stock price propped up. Keep your LinkedIn profiles updated and make sure you’ve saved any personal files from your work machine. Stay safe out there.