Back to Chipotle Mexican Grill Board
0
Rant

Feeling the pressure to do more with less

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
It’s becoming impossible to hit these updated efficiency KPIs without additional headcount. Every team meeting lately centers on 'doing more with less' and cutting back on contractor spend. I’ve been here for three years and I’ve never seen the internal atmosphere this tense. Leadership keeps pushing the narrative of record-breaking growth, but then we turn around and get told there’s no room in the budget for basic departmental needs. It honestly feels like they are trying to trim fat ahead of a rough quarter. I’m starting to look at my options elsewhere because the writing seems to be on the wall. Has anyone else been told to 're-prioritize' their entire project roadmap to save money? I’m exhausted from the constant pivots.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·2d ago

The dissonance between corporate's 'record growth' rhetoric and the reality on the ground is exhausting. I’ve seen this script play out before, and it almost always ends with the staff being squeezed until they break. When they talk about 'efficiency KPIs,' they really mean burning out the existing workforce to boost margins for the shareholders. You aren't imagining the tension; it’s a deliberate strategy to squeeze every last drop of productivity out of us before they decide to slash even more costs. Keep your head down, but start updating your resume, because this culture of doing more with less rarely gets better.

0
73
0x7371…407f
·2d ago

I honestly think leadership is just trying to make the quarterly numbers look as bloated as possible for the next earnings call. It is classic retail management: strip the stores of support staff and contractor budgets so the P&L looks cleaner on paper. They know exactly what they are doing, and it’s demoralizing to see the company focus so much on expansion while the infrastructure actually holding the place together is crumbling. If you're feeling the burn, you're definitely not alone. It's time to prioritize your own well-being over hitting those ridiculous, arbitrary metrics they've set for us.