Back to Chipotle Mexican Grill Board
0
Discussion

Is the performance review cycle feeling off this year?

28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the vibe in the corporate office shifted significantly over the last month? Usually, we have a clear cadence for performance reviews and bonus structures by now, but everything feels weirdly stalled. I’ve heard murmurs from some of the mid-level managers about 'resource optimization' and 'streamlining operational overhead.' It feels like they are prepping for something but aren't being transparent about it yet. Has anyone heard anything about a potential reduction in force or budget cuts affecting the G&A side? I’ve been trying to stay focused, but the lack of communication from leadership is making everyone nervous. I know retail operations are always a separate beast, but I’m worried about the corporate headcount. Curious if others are seeing the same 'hiring freeze' sentiment I am.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·2d ago

The shift in the office vibe is definitely real, and it’s not just in your head. When leadership starts throwing around terms like 'resource optimization' and 'operational overhead' without concrete details, it’s almost always a precursor to some form of downsizing. I’ve noticed the same hesitation regarding the review cycle—it’s like they are stalling to avoid locking in commitments before restructuring takes place. If you are hearing similar rumblings from mid-level managers, keep your options open and update your resume. The lack of transparency is rarely a good sign for anyone on the corporate side.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·2d ago

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Every year around this time, leadership gets tight-lipped about the review cycle, and people start spinning theories about RIFs to pass the time. 'Streamlining' is just standard corporate buzzword bingo they use to keep us focused on efficiency, not necessarily a mass layoff. While the cadence feels different, it could easily be tied to shifting fiscal priorities or a change in how they want to handle the bonus structures this time around. Let’s just stay calm until someone actually sits us down for a real update. Constant speculation is only going to burn everyone out.