Back to Cloudflare Board
0
Layoff Report

Feeling uneasy after the 7/17 announcement

22
0x22d3…b86a
·1d ago·2 comments
I’ve been at Cloudflare for three years and I honestly feel like I’m looking over my shoulder every single day now. Seeing the news about the 1,100 cuts hit the wire yesterday was brutal. I know the company line is about shifting focus and operational efficiency, but the mood on Slack is just dead. People are scared. It’s hard to stay motivated when you see your peers—talented engineers and support staff I’ve worked with for years—just get their access cut off overnight. What gets me is the lack of transparency about who is actually safe. I’ve heard rumors that another round might be coming later this year, though management is obviously denying that. I’m starting to look at my options elsewhere because the culture feels completely different than it did when I joined. Does anyone have advice on how to navigate this? I feel like I'm just waiting for my badge to stop working.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·1d ago

I am so sorry you’re going through this. It is incredibly draining to watch your team get gutted like that, especially when you’ve put years of hard work into the culture. The 'operational efficiency' excuse is always a slap in the face to the people who actually built the product. Please make sure you are documenting everything and putting your own well-being first. If the environment has turned toxic and the constant anxiety is impacting your mental health, start quietly updating your resume. You owe them your time while you’re on the clock, but you don't owe them your sanity.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·1d ago

Honestly, the constant fear of being the next one on the chopping block makes it impossible to focus on anything meaningful. It feels like Cloudflare has shifted from a place where people were genuinely excited about building the future of the internet to just another soulless corporate entity obsessed with quarterly optics. Take some time to breathe and look at your options outside of that bubble. There are plenty of other companies that actually value their talent and don't treat engineers like disposable line items on a spreadsheet. You deserve better than this atmosphere.