Back to Colgate-Palmolive Board
0
Layoff Report

So the 102 employees in MO—any severance news?

53
0x532e…653d
·18h ago·2 comments
I have a few contacts who were part of the 102 layoffs effective Jan 15th. It’s a gut punch for the team. From what I’m hearing, the severance packages are somewhat standard for the industry, but given how long some of these folks have been with Colgate, it feels like a slap in the face. Most of the people I talked to are still in shock because there wasn't much of a warning before the WARN filing became public knowledge. Management keeps pushing the 'global efficiency' narrative, but it’s tough to swallow when you see the bottom line growth. If you’re at another location and feeling nervous, start downloading your performance reviews and any records you might need now, just in case you lose access to the portal. It’s a tough environment right now, so make sure you’re looking out for yourselves.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·18h ago

That is honestly brutal to hear. I have been at Colgate for a long time, and the culture shift lately has been palpable. It feels like we are just numbers on a spreadsheet to leadership now, despite all the talk about 'efficiency' and 'global goals.' Those folks in Missouri dedicated years of their lives to this company, and being pushed out with minimal warning is a disgrace. I really hope everyone affected finds something better soon, because the morale here is hitting an all-time low across the board. Stay strong out there.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·18h ago

I know it’s frustrating, but the severance packages are what they are. Standard or not, no amount of money replaces job security. Everyone keeps repeating the 'global efficiency' line, but it’s just corporate speak to cover up the fact that they’re cutting costs to boost margins at the expense of loyal employees. It’s a harsh reality of the industry, and it happens more often than anyone wants to admit. My heart goes out to those guys in Missouri, but unfortunately, this is the current trajectory of the business.