Back to ConocoPhillips Board
0
Rant

Anyone else feel like the 'One COP' initiative is just a downsizing mask?

14
0x149a…8b27
·9h ago·2 comments
I’ve been with ConocoPhillips for over six years now, and the shift in tone over the last 18 months has been depressing. Every time leadership rolls out these new 'alignment' or 'streamlining' initiatives, it’s basically code for cutting headcount to juice the stock price for the next earnings call. It feels like we’ve completely moved away from being an engineering-first culture to being a spreadsheet-first company. The morale on my team is at an all-time low. We’re losing the institutional knowledge of people who have been here for decades, and for what? To hit a headcount target by November? I feel like I'm constantly waiting for a calendar invite from HR and my manager to pop up on a Friday afternoon. It’s impossible to plan for the future when the company treats employees like disposable assets. Is anyone actually feeling secure right now, or are we all just waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·9h ago

It’s not just you. The 'One COP' branding feels incredibly hollow when you’re watching talented colleagues get pushed out every few months. The focus has shifted entirely toward short-term financial optics rather than the actual work. It’s exhausting trying to maintain the same output while the resources and support dwindle. Everyone I talk to in the office is just waiting for the next round of shoes to drop, and the lack of transparency from leadership is making it impossible to feel invested in the long-term vision anymore.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·9h ago

I honestly think the institutional memory is being gutted for the sake of quarterly dividends. When you replace engineers with spreadsheets, you lose the safety and innovation that built this company’s reputation. Management talks about streamlining, but it’s really just stripping the engine to make the car look faster to Wall Street. I’ve stopped looking for a career path here and started looking for an exit strategy. The culture we were promised when we started is officially dead, and the current atmosphere is just pure corporate theater.