Back to CoreWeave Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else getting weird vibes lately? Or just the usual pre-IPO jitters?

3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the atmosphere at CoreWeave shifted over the last couple of months? I’ve been here for a bit, and usually, the place feels like it’s vibrating with growth—everyone’s heads-down, shipping hardware, scaling clusters. But recently, things feel… quieter? I’m seeing some projects get deprioritized out of nowhere, and the hiring velocity seems to have hit a massive wall compared to the beginning of the year. I’m not saying there’s a RIF around the corner, but I’ve been through the tech cycle enough to know that when the 'growth at all costs' messaging gets replaced by 'operational efficiency' memos, you start checking your calendar and your savings account. Has anyone heard anything substantial? Or is this just the normal growing pains of trying to keep up with the GPU arms race? I’m worried that if the capital markets tighten up even a little bit, we’re going to be the first ones looking for the exit. Just want to know if I’m reading the room right or if I’m just being paranoid because of all the news coming out of the rest of the cloud sector.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·2d ago

The quiet is definitely palpable. I think we’re just transitioning from the 'growth at all costs' startup phase to something more refined as we prep for the public markets. It feels like management is tightening the screws to ensure the books look clean for the IPO. The sudden project cancellations are frustrating, but it’s standard practice when leadership pivots focus to appease institutional investors. Don’t panic yet; it’s likely just a strategic realignment rather than a precursor to layoffs. Keep your head down and ride the wave until the bell rings.

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

You aren't imagining things. The shift in atmosphere is impossible to ignore, and the hiring freeze is a pretty loud signal that the roadmap is being re-evaluated for efficiency. It’s hard to tell if this is a healthy pivot to focus on core infrastructure or a sign that we’re over-leveraged and trying to hide the cracks before the transition. The deprioritization of internal tools suggests they’re slashing anything that doesn't directly boost the bottom line. It feels like the Wild West days are officially behind us, for better or worse.