Back to Corteva Board
0
Discussion

Is anyone else feeling the 'efficiency' squeeze lately?

22
0x22d3…b86a
·2d ago·2 comments
I’ve been at Corteva for a few years now, and the sentiment internally feels like we’re being squeezed until we snap. Between the constant WARN notices hitting various sites and the 'streamlining' emails from leadership, morale is at an all-time low. They keep talking about agility and focus, but all I see is institutional knowledge walking out the door every few months. I’m starting to wonder if the long-term strategy is just to keep us in a perpetual state of anxiety so we don't push back on the increasing workloads. I’m actively updating my resume this weekend. It’s a shame because I actually believed in the mission when I joined, but the corporate bureaucracy is making it impossible to stay motivated. Curious if other departments are seeing the same level of burnout or if it’s just my corner of the business that’s falling apart. Any advice for jumping ship to another AgTech firm without taking a massive pay cut?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

I’ve been tracking the internal chatter and it’s honestly bleak. The 'streamlining' language is just a thin veil for gutting the teams that actually hold the place together. When you lose the people who know how the legacy systems work, you aren't becoming agile; you’re just becoming incompetent. Leadership keeps spinning this as a necessary pivot, but it feels like they’re burning the house down to collect the insurance money. Keep your resume updated and watch your back, because loyalty here is clearly a one-way street.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago

It is exhausting. Every time a new memo hits the inbox about 'operational excellence' or 'synergies,' I just wait for the next round of departures. We are all running on fumes while being told to sprint, and the constant threat of layoffs makes it impossible to do quality work. I agree that the anxiety is a feature, not a bug—it keeps people quiet and compliant while they strip everything down. At this point, I think they’ve stopped caring about the long-term health of the company entirely.