Back to Coterra Energy Board
0
Layoff Report

Quiet departures in the mid-stream office?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or have there been a few desks clearing out in the mid-stream department over the last two weeks? I’ve noticed three people I usually touch base with on projects just had their access pulled or are suddenly ‘no longer with the company’ on Teams. Nobody is saying a word, and management is acting like everything is business as usual, but the energy in the office is incredibly tense. I’ve been here for a while, and these quiet exits usually precede something much bigger. Has anyone heard anything about a shift in strategy for the coming quarter? I’m trying to figure out if I should start dusting off the resume or if this is just standard attrition. It feels like we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop, and the silence from the leadership team is making it impossible to focus on actual deliverables. If you’ve heard anything regarding potential head-count reductions or if the rumor mill in your department is spinning, please share. I’d rather be prepared than blindsided by an email on a Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·1d ago

I noticed the same thing. Two of the folks I worked with on the mid-stream side just vanished from the directory overnight without so much as a goodbye email. It’s definitely unsettling. When management stays tight-lipped, it usually means the rumor mill is right to be nervous. I’ve been keeping my head down and updating my resume just in case, because this quiet atmosphere feels exactly like it did right before the last major restructuring. Don't be surprised if there's a wider announcement coming down the pipeline by the end of the month.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago

You're not imagining it. There's been a noticeable shift in the air lately, and those departures are hard to ignore. It’s frustrating how they pretend it’s business as usual while empty desks are piling up. Everyone is speculating, but nobody actually knows what’s going on, which makes the whole place feel toxic. If you have a bad feeling, listen to it. Most people I know in that department have already started checking LinkedIn and reaching out to contacts. Stay sharp and keep your options open.