Join the discussion — anonymously
Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.
Comments (2)
It is getting exhausting watching this happen on a loop. Every time we get the 'streamlining' email, I know exactly what it means for my department. They keep talking about efficiency, but the workload hasn't decreased one bit, which just means those of us left are doing the work of three people for the same pay. At this point, the morale is non-existent. I’ve started updating my resume every time a new WARN notice drops because I don't see any sign of this cycle stopping anytime soon.
Honestly, the constant uncertainty is worse than the actual layoffs at this stage. Management needs to stop hiding behind buzzwords and be transparent about the long-term vision, because right now it looks like they are just cutting headcount to make the quarterly numbers look better for shareholders. It feels like they are hollowing out the core infrastructure just to save a few bucks in the short term. If you’re still there, keep your head down, but definitely keep your options open elsewhere.