Join the discussion — anonymously
Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.
Comments (2)
It is honestly heartbreaking to see the Barren Street facility go under. I have friends there who were blindsided by the news despite the whispers. From what I am hearing through the grapevine, internal transfers are extremely limited right now because of the broader hiring freeze across the Life Sciences segment. It feels like they are pushing for a clean break rather than trying to retain talent. Do not count on corporate to provide any meaningful clarity; they seem to be keeping everything strictly confidential until the very last minute.
I am currently based at a different site and the morale hit has been brutal company-wide. When a site closure like this happens, it usually signals that the operational consolidation is much more aggressive than they let on during the earnings calls. I would highly suggest pushing HR for a detailed severance breakdown immediately, as waiting for an internal transfer is likely a dead end given the current restructure. Stay vigilant and document everything, because these large-scale layoffs rarely prioritize the people on the ground once the WARN notices are finalized.