Back to Darden Restaurants Board
0
Discussion

Stagnant growth and looming cuts: Is it time to jump ship?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or does the culture here feel like it’s eroding by the day? Between the recent layoff announcements and the constant shifting of priorities, it feels like leadership has zero long-term vision. They’re obsessed with hitting these quarterly numbers at the expense of everyone’s sanity. I’ve been with Darden for a few years, and I’ve never seen the place this chaotic. Every meeting feels like a 'do more with less' pep talk that fails to address the fact that we don't have the headcount to actually deliver on their lofty goals. I’m honestly exhausted. I keep seeing people I actually respect heading for the exit, and I think I might be next. For those who have already left, did you find a better environment, or is it just as bad everywhere else in the industry right now?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·2d ago

It’s honestly exhausting watching the decline from the inside. When I started, there was a sense of stability, but now it feels like every decision is made purely to appease shareholders for the next ninety days. We are burning through talent because management treats us like line items on a spreadsheet rather than actual people. I’m already polishing my resume because there’s no way this 'do more with less' strategy ends well for any of us. If you’re feeling the burnout, you’re definitely not the only one.

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·2d ago

I hear you, and honestly, the shift in priorities is glaringly obvious. The leadership team seems completely disconnected from the reality of the floor operations. Every time they announce another 'efficiency' initiative, it just translates to more work for the remaining staff who are already drowning. It is disheartening to see the company pivot toward short-term optics while the core culture falls apart. I have started looking elsewhere because it is clear that our long-term value to them is secondary to their next quarterly report.