Back to Digital Realty Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else noticing the hiring freeze?

31
0x317a…a7a2
·1d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or has the vibe in the office shifted over the last month? I’ve noticed several open roles that were posted back in Q1 just quietly disappearing from the portal. No announcements, no emails, just poof—gone. I’ve heard whispers that management is leaning hard into 'operational efficiency' targets for the upcoming quarter, which usually isn't code for 'everything is great.' My manager has been dodging questions about headcount for the next fiscal year, and the amount of 'cost-containment' verbiage in the latest internal memo is starting to feel a bit suffocating. Is anyone else seeing their departments tighten up, or am I just reading too much into the silence?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·1d ago

The quiet removal of those listings is definitely the biggest red flag. I've been tracking a few roles in the engineering department, and they just vanished overnight without a trace. It feels like the company is trying to tighten the belt without causing a panic, but the lack of transparency is doing more damage to morale than a simple email would have. Everyone knows 'operational efficiency' is just corporate speak for freezing the budget, and the current silence from leadership is making people incredibly anxious about their job security.

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·1d ago

Honestly, I stopped expecting any real communication from management months ago. Every time they start talking about 'optimizing resources' or 'streamlining the workforce,' we all know exactly what is coming next. My team has been understaffed for three quarters now, and the fact that they’ve pulled the plug on backfilling those vacancies tells me everything I need to know about the fiscal outlook. I’m already dusting off my resume because it’s clear that we aren't going to be seeing any growth in the headcount anytime soon.