Back to Discover Financial Board
0
Discussion

Capital One merger: Any updates on the redundancy list?

53
0x532e…653d
·1d ago·2 comments
Is anyone actually hearing anything substantial about the headcount reduction plan post-merger? The internal comms are just generic corporate word salad about 'synergies' and 'streamlining operations,' which we all know is just code for layoffs. I’ve been hearing whispers in the Riverwoods office that HR is already finalizing the lists for Q1, but nobody wants to say it out loud. I’m trying to decide if I should start polishing my resume now or wait until the official axe drops to get a severance package. It feels like every time I walk past a conference room, it’s full of leadership types looking stressed. The anxiety in the hallways is palpable. If you’re in a support function or redundant tech role, have you heard anything from your managers? I’m just trying to figure out if I have a few months or a few weeks. This waiting game is honestly worse than just getting the news.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·1d ago

The 'synergy' talk is just a script they follow to keep the stock price stable while they decide who stays and who goes. If you’re already hearing rumors about Q1 lists in Riverwoods, start updating your resume tonight. It’s better to be proactive and have an exit strategy ready than to wait for an official announcement and scramble. The severance packages might look okay on paper, but they won't make up for the stress of a sudden layoff in this market.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·1d ago

Honestly, keep your head down and stay quiet while looking for new roles externally. The internal comms are useless, but the writing is on the wall for any overlapping departments. Don't bet your financial security on waiting for the axe to fall—the severance is never as good as a new offer letter from a company that actually needs you. Take this as your sign to leave on your own terms before the official consolidation begins.