Back to Dollar General Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else in corporate see the May 24th WARN notice?

2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·11h ago·2 comments
I’ve been tracking the filings and just saw the WARN notice for the Southern region hit on May 24th. It’s quiet on the floor, but the energy in the office is absolutely toxic right now. Management keeps giving us these vague updates about 'streamlining operations,' but we all know that’s just corporate speak for getting rid of people to satisfy the shareholders before the quarter ends. I’ve been with DG for a few years, and I’ve never felt this much anxiety about my badge access being revoked on a random Tuesday. If you’re in the Southern division, watch your email like a hawk. They aren't doing 1:1s; they're just pulling people into conference rooms with HR and security standing right there. It feels like they're carving out whole departments rather than trimming the fat. Has anyone heard if this is just the beginning or if they’re planning another wave for June? I’m already polishing my resume because I can’t afford to wait until the axe falls on my desk.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·11h ago

I saw the notice yesterday and the mood here is just heavy. Everyone is whispering in the breakroom, wondering who is next on the list. Honestly, the 'streamlining' talk is getting old, and nobody trusts leadership anymore. It feels like we are just numbers on a spreadsheet being cut to boost stock prices. I’m already polishing my resume because I don’t think any of us are safe until this quarter is officially over. Good luck to everyone, we definitely need it.

0
53
0x532e…653d
·11h ago

It is honestly pathetic how they handle these layoffs. They expect us to keep hitting those aggressive store targets while dangling the threat of termination over our heads every single day. I’ve noticed a lot of people just checking out mentally because there is zero job security left. If they were half as focused on supporting their employees as they are on cutting costs, maybe morale wouldn't be in the gutter. Hang in there, but keep your options open.