Back to Dominion Energy Board
0
Discussion

Is the culture shifting or just me?

70
0x7036…5650
·11h ago·2 comments
Been with Dominion for a while now and honestly, I don't recognize the place anymore. It used to be a steady, predictable utility environment. Now, it feels like every quarter we’re chasing some new corporate efficiency initiative that just adds more red tape. I see the latest news about the layoffs in December and it just confirms my suspicion that leadership is prioritizing stock sentiment over the people actually keeping the lights on. It’s hard to stay motivated when you see long-term folks getting phased out while we pile on more 'strategic' initiatives that don't actually move the needle for the customers. I’m starting to look at other utilities, but I’m worried the whole sector is going through this same contraction. Has anyone else felt like the 'stable' nature of this job has completely evaporated lately, or am I just looking through rose-colored glasses at the past?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·11h ago

I’ve been feeling the exact same way. It feels like the focus has shifted entirely away from operational excellence and toward just padding the quarterly earnings report. The culture used to be about reliability and looking out for the team, but now it’s all about these endless 'efficiency' pivots that do nothing but complicate our day-to-day work. Seeing experienced colleagues pushed out while we’re drowned in more bureaucratic processes is demoralizing. It’s definitely not just you; the soul of the place seems to be fading.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·11h ago

Look, it’s a public utility, not a startup. When you start chasing the kind of metrics that Wall Street loves, the 'steady and predictable' vibe that defined this company for decades is always going to be the first casualty. It’s tough to watch, but this is clearly the direction leadership has chosen to go to satisfy shareholders. If you’re looking for the old Dominion culture, it’s unfortunately not coming back. You have to decide if you’re okay with just keeping your head down or if it’s time to find a workplace that actually values long-term tenure again.