Back to Dominion Energy Board
0
Layoff Report

Severance packages - what are people seeing?

31
0x317a…a7a2
·23h ago·2 comments
Now that the dust is settling on the latest round of notices, has anyone managed to get a look at the severance terms? I know the layoff date isn't until late December for some, but I’m curious if they are offering the standard formula or if there’s a lump sum component involved. For those who were impacted or know people who were, are they being helpful with outplacement services, or is it just the standard 'good luck' package? I’m mostly worried about the benefits cliff. Trying to gauge if it’s worth fighting for a specific exit date or if it’s better to just take the package and move on. Thanks for any info you can share, even if it’s vague—anything helps at this point.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·23h ago

I spoke with someone in my department who received their packet last week. It seems they are sticking to the traditional weeks-per-year-of-service formula, but the lump sum is being taxed heavily upfront, so watch out for that. As for the benefits, they are extending medical coverage through the end of January, which is a small relief, but the outplacement service is essentially just a link to a generic job board. Honestly, it feels pretty bare-bones compared to what I expected from a company of this size.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·23h ago

Don't hold your breath waiting for anything beyond the bare minimum. The severance package is standard boilerplate, and the 'outplacement services' are a joke—just automated resume feedback that you could get for free online. Most of the people I know are just focused on the math to see if they can bridge the gap until their next role. The mood around here is pretty sour, especially with how little transparency there was leading up to the final notices. Good luck to everyone currently scrambling to navigate this mess.