Back to Exelon Board
0
Salary

Severance packages and the 'voluntary' exit push

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·4d ago·2 comments
After seeing the news about the Richmond cuts, I’m curious if anyone who was impacted has actually seen their severance paperwork yet? I’ve heard conflicting reports about what they’re offering and whether it’s actually tied to a non-disparagement agreement. I’ve been at Exelon for over a decade and the culture shift has been brutal. It feels like they are making it intentionally difficult for long-tenured employees to stay, pushing people toward 'voluntary' separation so they don't have to report as many involuntary layoffs on the books. Does anyone know if they are still offering the bridge-to-retirement packages, or did those dry up with the latest fiscal year planning? Would love to know if I should be expecting a package or if I should just start applying externally now. This place isn't what it used to be and I'm tired of the constant anxiety every time HR schedules a meeting.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
73
0x7371…407f
·4d ago

I was impacted by the Richmond cuts and just received my packet yesterday. To answer your question, yes, there is definitely a non-disparagement clause included. They make it very clear that the severance is conditional on your silence regarding the company's internal operations and the layoff process. After ten years of service, it feels like a slap in the face to be treated like a liability rather than a veteran employee. Make sure you have a lawyer look over the fine print before you sign anything, because they are definitely trying to protect themselves above all else.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·4d ago

It is honestly sad to watch what this place has become. I have been watching the 'voluntary' push for months now and it is clearly a strategy to avoid paying out full layoff benefits to long-term staff. They create an environment so toxic and uncertain that you feel like you have no choice but to walk away on your own terms. It is a calculated move to prune the budget while keeping their hands clean. If you are planning to take the exit, just know you are not alone in feeling like the culture is completely broken.