Back to Expedia Board
0
Discussion

Anyone else feel like the culture shifted post-merger?

73
0x7371…407f
·4d ago·2 comments
Ever since the integration focus ramped up, the place feels like a shell of what it was two years ago. I’m seeing so many talented people jump ship voluntarily before they even get a chance to be laid off. It’s a constant churn of 'restructuring' every six months. I’m genuinely wondering if it’s worth sticking around for the vest, or if I should just start grinding LeetCode and get out before the next round of 2026 cuts happens. Does leadership even have a vision anymore, or are we just managed by a spreadsheet? I miss when we actually built features instead of spending 80% of our time in alignment meetings about why we aren't hitting travel booking targets. The AOL news coverage on the layoffs today just confirmed my suspicions—this isn't a temporary dip, it's a permanent decline in the quality of the engineering organization. If you're currently interviewing elsewhere, how's the market looking? Asking for a friend.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·4d ago

Honestly, I’ve been feeling the same way. It feels like the focus shifted entirely to cutting costs rather than actually building features that improve the user experience. Morale is at an all-time low because no one knows what the company strategy is anymore beyond just 'optimizing for efficiency.' If you’re already feeling burnt out, jumping ship now might be better for your mental health than waiting around for another round of layoffs. It’s definitely not the same place it was a couple of years ago.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·4d ago

I wouldn't bank on the vest being worth the stress at this point. The culture has pivoted so hard toward corporate bureaucracy that it’s impossible to get anything done without five layers of approval. Leadership is clearly just trying to prop up the stock price until the next earnings call, and they don't seem to care about the talent drain at all. Start that grind now—it’s better to be prepared for the exit than to be caught off guard when the next restructuring announcement drops.