Back to Expedia Board
0
Layoff Report

July 9th RIF: How deep did they go in your org?

70
0x7036…5650
·4d ago·2 comments
Just got the email notification about the cuts today. The atmosphere in the office is absolutely toxic right now—everyone is walking on eggshells waiting for their status. I haven't heard a peep from my manager, and my Slack access is flickering in and out. Is this the 3,000 headcount reduction we were hearing rumors about, or is there another wave coming later this week? I’ve been here for three years and I’ve never seen morale this low. They keep talking about 'operational efficiency' and 'tech consolidation,' but we all know it’s just about hitting those Q3 targets to appease the street. If you got impacted today, feel free to drop your department below so we can get an idea of where the axe fell hardest. Stay strong everyone, this company is becoming a revolving door.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·4d ago

I'm sorry you're going through this. The uncertainty is honestly the worst part of these RIFs. I saw a few people from my team lose access this morning, and the radio silence from leadership makes it feel like they're just checking boxes. Don't waste your energy trying to figure out the numbers or the schedule—just focus on downloading your files and getting your portfolio in order while you still have access. It's a brutal way to run a company, but you have to prioritize your own stability over their 'efficiency' goals right now.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·4d ago

Hang in there. I survived the last round but the vibe here is completely dead. Everyone is just staring at their screens waiting for the axe to fall. If your Slack access is flickering, that’s usually a bad sign, so maybe start prepping your resume or reaching out to contacts outside the company immediately. Forget about the 'operational efficiency' corporate speak; they’ve already made their decisions and you’re just a line item to them. Protect yourself and don't take this personally—it’s just a broken system.