Back to Fortinet Board
0
Layoff Report

Fortinet - Are we expecting an RIF in Q3/Q4?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·3d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or does the vibe in the office feel incredibly tense lately? I’ve been noticing a lot of back-to-back 'all-hands' meetings where leadership talks in circles without actually saying anything of substance. Usually, when the buzzwords about 'operational efficiency' and 'realigning resources' start hitting the internal comms this hard, it’s a precursor to a headcount reduction. I checked LinkedIn and noticed a few senior folks in engineering have updated their profiles or gone 'open to work' in the last two weeks. Has anyone heard rumors about specific departments being targeted, or are we just sweating over nothing? I’m trying to figure out if I should start polishing the resume now or if I’m just being paranoid because of how bad the tech market looks generally.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·3d ago

The 'operational efficiency' buzzword bingo is a classic red flag. I've been through this cycle before, and when leadership stops being transparent and leans into vague corporate speak, it usually means the spreadsheet is already finalized. If the senior engineering team is already jumping ship or updating their status, that is your real-time signal. Don’t wait for an official announcement to start polishing your resume and reaching out to your network. It’s better to be prepared and stay put than to be blindsided when the cuts officially land.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·3d ago

I’m honestly not feeling the same level of panic, but I get why people are on edge. Every quarter seems to bring the same cycle of rumors about headcount reductions whenever there’s a shift in strategic focus. While the 'realigning resources' talk is definitely corporate-speak, it doesn't always translate to mass layoffs; it’s often just moving people between failing products and the newer focus areas. That said, keep an eye on your specific department’s project pipeline. If your team isn't hitting key milestones, that’s where the actual risk usually lies.