Back to Fortive Board
0
Discussion

Any chatter about potential reorgs in Q4?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or is the messaging from leadership getting increasingly 'cautious' lately? I’ve noticed a lot more talk about 'efficiency' and 'streamlining our footprint' in the last few meetings. Usually, when they start hammering on those buzzwords without a clear product roadmap to back it up, it’s a precursor to cost-cutting. I’m in one of the OpCos and our headcount for new hires has been frozen for six weeks now. Has anyone heard anything specific, or is this just standard end-of-year corporate tightening? Just trying to gauge if I should be refreshing the resume or if this is just normal operational noise.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago

The hiring freeze is definitely the canary in the coal mine. We’ve been hearing the exact same 'streamlining' talk in our OpCo, and it’s always code for trimming the fat before the fiscal year ends. Don't expect any straight answers from management until the paperwork is already signed. If your department has been quiet on the product front, I’d suggest updating your resume now rather than waiting for the Q4 announcement to drop.

0
70
0x7036…5650
·2d ago

I wouldn't panic just yet. Fortive loves their buzzwords, and 'efficiency' is practically their native language regardless of whether there's a real threat of layoffs. While the hiring freeze is annoying, it’s also standard practice to tighten the belt before the new budget cycle kicks in. It’s likely just routine end-of-year housekeeping to hit those margin targets for the street. Just keep your head down and focus on your current projects until you hear something concrete from HR.