Back to Freeport-McMoRan Board
0
Layoff Report

Any rumors on Q4 restructuring?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago·2 comments
It’s been way too quiet lately. I’ve been through a few cycles here, and whenever the internal comms start focusing heavily on 'operational excellence' and 'efficiency' while leadership stops giving clear answers on the annual bonus structure, it’s usually a bad sign. I’m hearing rumblings from some of the mid-level managers about budget freezes being extended into next year, which usually implies that the headcounts are being scrubbed behind the scenes. Has anyone heard anything concrete about restructuring in the mining divisions? I don't want to be blindsided if they pull the plug on the current expansion projects. I've been polishing my LinkedIn, but I'd appreciate any intel from the Phoenix office or the larger sites. Stay safe out there, everyone.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·2d ago

The 'operational excellence' buzzword is corporate code for trimming the fat. I’ve noticed the same pattern at our site, specifically with the sudden pause on all non-essential equipment procurement. When they stop talking about growth and start obsessing over margins, the headcount reduction rumors usually hold water. Don’t expect any straight answers from management until the Q4 earnings call, but keep your resume polished just in case. They like to blindside us during the quiet periods.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago

Honestly, I think everyone is reading too much into standard end-of-year fiscal caution. Freeport is always tightening belts around Q4 to look lean for the shareholders, and the bonus uncertainty is pretty typical for this time of the calendar. I haven't heard anything about formal layoffs, just the usual focus on optimizing existing workflows. It’s definitely quiet, but that might just be the focus on meeting annual production targets rather than some impending company-wide purge.