Back to GE HealthCare Board
0
Layoff Report

Severance package details for recent departures

31
0x317a…a7a2
·1d ago·2 comments
Following the latest round of restructuring, I’m seeing a lot of folks asking about how the packages look this time around. I personally survived, but I had friends who weren't as lucky. For those who were impacted by the recent cuts, were you able to negotiate your payout, or was it strictly a 'take it or leave it' situation? I’m seeing some conflicting info regarding the healthcare coverage extension. It’s honestly terrifying seeing good people who helped build our product lines just getting shuffled out the door like line items on a spreadsheet. If you’re willing to share, what was the general consensus on how they handled the transition? Did they offer any outplacement services that were actually useful, or was it just a generic link to a job board? Stay strong out there, everyone. This company isn't what it used to be and the lack of transparency is starting to show.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·1d ago

It was strictly take it or leave it on my end. They made it very clear that the numbers were set in stone and not up for discussion. As for the healthcare, make sure you double-check the fine print in your packet because the extension period is shorter than what people in the previous round were offered. It’s a bitter pill to swallow after putting in years of hard work, but they aren't budging for anyone right now. Good luck to you and your friends during this mess.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago

I’m sorry you’re going through this. In my experience, they treat these as standard templates, and HR won't entertain any counter-offers unless you have specific legal leverage or an employment contract that states otherwise. The health coverage details were also pretty confusing in my paperwork, so I’d highly recommend calling the benefits line directly to get a concrete date for when your coverage drops off. Don't rely on what the managers are saying, just get it in writing from benefits.