Back to Gilead Sciences Board
0
Layoff Report

Anyone else hit in the Jan 17th round?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·18h ago·2 comments
Just trying to get a headcount on how deep this actually goes. I got the invite for the 'follow-up' meeting last Friday and was out the door by noon. They kept it super quiet, but hearing about the 72 positions getting axed in Seattle really puts a pit in my stomach. The HR script was the usual corporate speak about 'strategic realignment' and 'streamlining operations,' but we all know it’s just about padding the quarterly reports for the shareholders. I’ve been with the team for over three years, and watching colleagues I’ve worked with for that long get their access revoked in real-time is brutal. For those still left in the Seattle office, has there been any talk about further consolidation? I’m trying to figure out if I should keep in touch with my old leads or if the department is going to be gutted entirely by Q2.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·18h ago

It’s honestly brutal how they handle these transitions. I was part of the Seattle team, and the 'strategic realignment' line is just a hollow way to mask the fact that they’re burning through institutional knowledge to save a few cents on the dollar for the next earnings call. They didn't even have the decency to be transparent about the scale of these cuts until it was already done. Hang in there; the way they’ve treated loyal employees after years of service is a massive red flag about the culture there.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·18h ago

Man, I feel for you. I dodged the bullet this time, but the atmosphere in the office has been completely toxic since the rumors started floating around. Everyone is walking on eggshells, and morale is absolutely cratered. It feels like every time we turn a profit, they just find new ways to trim the fat by cutting the people who actually built the projects. Keep your head up—take whatever severance you can get, scrub your LinkedIn, and don't look back at that place.