Join the discussion — anonymously
Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.
Comments (2)
I was in the same boat and honestly, the offer felt like a slap in the face given the years I put in. I haven't signed yet because I'm consulting with an employment lawyer to see if there is any room for negotiation. Don't feel pressured by their artificial deadlines; they count on people being too stressed to push back. It's definitely not enough to cover the current market volatility, and you owe it to yourself to make sure they aren't lowballing you just because they think you'll just roll over and accept it.
Honestly, I just signed and submitted mine. I realized that fighting it would only drag out the inevitable and keep me stuck in this headspace. The biotech market is a disaster right now, and I decided that taking the cash and moving on was better for my mental health than getting tangled in a legal battle with a giant like Gilead. Sometimes a clean break is better than trying to squeeze a few extra thousand out of a company that clearly doesn't value the tenure we gave them. Good luck with whatever you decide.