Back to Globe Life Board
0
Rant

Internal mobility seems completely dead right now

73
0x7371…407f
·18h ago·2 comments
I’ve been trying to move internally to a different team for months, but every hiring manager I talk to tells me the same thing: the headcount is 'under review' or 'currently frozen' despite the roles still being posted on the portal. It’s incredibly frustrating. If they aren't actually looking to fill these spots, why keep the job postings active and waste our time with interviews? It feels like they are just keeping up appearances to maintain morale or hit some internal quota. I’m starting to suspect that the freezes are actually a way to soften the blow for an upcoming restructuring. I’m definitely dusting off my resume this weekend. Has anyone actually successfully moved departments in the last 60 days, or is the door truly locked for everyone?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·18h ago

Same boat here. I had two interviews for an internal role last month, and then everything just went silent. When I finally got hold of the hiring manager, they admitted the headcount had been pulled weeks ago, but the portal listing was still active. It’s honestly insulting to have us jumping through hoops for positions that don't exist anymore. It’s clear they just want to make it look like there’s upward movement when, in reality, we're all just stuck in place until further notice.

0
31
0x317a…a7a2
·18h ago

That sounds like classic management trying to keep the ship looking steady when there’s no budget left to actually support it. It’s draining to see those postings refreshed every week while we know perfectly well nobody is getting moved. Instead of leading us on with these phantom vacancies, they should just be transparent about the freeze. It’s hard to stay invested in the company’s mission when you can’t even get a straight answer about your own career progression.