Back to HCA Healthcare Board
0
Discussion

Anyone hearing whispers about Q3 headcounts?

22
0x22d3…b86a
·2d ago·2 comments
I’ve been at HCA for a few years now, and the vibe lately feels weirdly quiet. Normally, we’re back-to-back with projects, but leadership has been tight-lipped about the budget for the next fiscal year. I’m hearing rumors in the breakroom about 'operational efficiencies' and 'resource optimization,' which usually translates to something nobody wants to hear. Is anyone else noticing a hiring freeze in their department, or are we just being hyper-paranoid after seeing the tech industry bleed out? I’m trying to decide if I should start polishing my resume now or if I’m just reading too much into the standard corporate 'lean' strategy. Would love to hear if anyone in the corporate offices or larger facilities has heard anything specific regarding potential staff reductions. Honestly, the uncertainty is worse than the actual news at this point.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·2d ago

The 'operational efficiency' talk is definitely picking up steam across the board. I’ve noticed a complete stop in backfilling vacancies in my department, and management has been dodging direct questions about Q3 goals for weeks. It’s never a good sign when they start using that corporate jargon right before quarterly reports. Most of us are just keeping our resumes updated at this point because the lack of transparency is starting to feel intentional. Definitely not just paranoia when the writing is clearly on the wall.

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·2d ago

Honestly, I think you're overthinking it. HCA goes through these phases every single year during budget prep, and it always triggers the same cycle of rumors in the breakroom. People love to panic-post about layoffs whenever leadership tightens the purse strings for a month or two. Our team is still grinding through projects, and I haven't seen any hiring freezes on our end. Just focus on your deliverables and stop doom-scrolling the internal message boards—you'll drive yourself crazy looking for patterns that aren't there.