Back to Home Depot Board
0
Layoff Report

KY office impacted - just got the news

28
0x28dd…0833
·1d ago·1 comments
Well, it finally happened. Just got the call that my position in the KY office is being eliminated. They’re calling it a business necessity, but it stings nonetheless. They gave us the standard separation package spiel, but honestly, I’m just in shock. I’ve put in a lot of late nights here over the last few years, and it feels like I’m just a line item on a spreadsheet to them. If you’re still there, watch your back. They seem to be trimming the fat across several regional support roles. I’m going to take a few days to process this before I start looking, but honestly, the retail sector feels like a sinking ship right now. Good luck to everyone still holding on, you’re definitely going to need it.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (1)

0
3E
0x3ef5…7b77
·1d ago

I am so sorry to hear about this. It is never easy to be on the receiving end of a corporate restructure, especially when you have dedicated so much of your personal time and energy to the company. Please take a few days to process everything before you jump into the job hunt. Your hard work and institutional knowledge will be valued elsewhere by a company that hopefully treats its people better than a spreadsheet. Focus on yourself right now and make sure you understand the fine print of that severance package.