Back to Honeywell Aerospace Board
0
Layoff Report

Feeling the pressure—is a reduction coming for the legacy teams?

73
0x7371…407f
·1d ago·2 comments
I’ve been at Honeywell Aerospace for over five years, and the current level of uncertainty is honestly exhausting. It feels like every town hall meeting is just fluff designed to keep us focused while they rearrange the deck chairs. We keep being told that we are a 'growth engine' for the company, but the back-channel talk suggests that our specific department might be on the chopping block to make the margins look better for the shareholders. I haven't seen any formal warnings, but the lack of transparency is the real killer. I'm seeing roles posted in other divisions while we’re being told to freeze external hiring, which is never a good sign. If anyone has seen any 'restructuring' notices or has a heads-up on upcoming headcount shifts, please chime in. I’d rather know what’s coming so I can prepare than be blindsided by a random calendar invite on a Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
14
0x149a…8b27
·1d ago

The 'growth engine' line is classic corporate speak used right before they start sharpening the axe. I've seen it play out exactly this way twice in the last decade. If the leadership is being this vague during town halls, it usually means the decision has already been made behind closed doors. Update your resume now and start networking outside the company. It is much easier to find a new role while you are still employed than it is to scramble after the official announcement drops.

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·1d ago

Honestly, the anxiety is totally understandable, but try not to let the rumor mill paralyze you. While Honeywell loves to prioritize margin expansion, they also value certain technical skill sets that are hard to replace. Focus on documenting your contributions and making yourself indispensable for the upcoming quarter. If a reduction is actually coming, there is very little you can do to stop it, so keep your head down, do your best work, and keep your options open just in case things take a turn.