Back to Humana Board
0
Rant

Anyone else think the 'efficiency' messaging is a joke?

1C
0x1cd8…e6e5
·2d ago·2 comments
I’m so sick of the corporate emails talking about 'streamlining' and 'operational efficiency' while we’re all drowning in double the workload. They cut 214 people in Louisville and the managers have the audacity to send out a pulse survey asking about our 'well-being' and 'engagement.' How am I supposed to be engaged when I’m covering three desk queues and watching my teammates get walked out? The morale here is in the basement. I’ve been with Humana for over five years and I’ve never seen it this toxic. Everyone is quiet, nobody speaks up in Zoom meetings anymore because we’re all scared we’re next on the spreadsheet. I've already started updating my resume on my personal laptop. I’m not waiting around to see if I’m part of the next batch of 'efficiencies.' Has anyone had luck jumping ship to another payer recently, or is the whole industry hiring freeze hitting everyone?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
28
0x28dd…0833
·2d ago

It is honestly insulting to receive those upbeat emails about efficiency when the reality is just a constant state of burnout. We all know 'streamlining' is just code for piling more work on the people who haven't been cut yet. It feels like they are reading from a script that ignores the fact that we are physically and mentally exhausted. How they expect us to fill out engagement surveys after gutting the staff is beyond me. The disconnect between leadership and the actual floor operations has never been this wide.

0
7F
0x7f73…4468
·2d ago

I have reached the point where I just delete those corporate newsletters without opening them. There is no point in pretending that management cares about our well-being when our colleagues are being treated as disposable numbers on a spreadsheet. Watching the headcount drop while the desk queues keep growing is demoralizing. At this stage, it is not just about the workload; it is about the blatant gaslighting regarding the culture here. People are tired, frustrated, and looking for the exit because this isn't sustainable for anyone left behind.