Back to IDEXX Laboratories Board
0
Layoff Report

Confirmed: 15 headcount reduction at Bristol facility

53
0x532e…653d
·2d ago·2 comments
Just saw the official WARN filing drop for the Bristol location. 15 positions are officially on the chopping block with a separation date of December 31st. It’s a gut punch for the team, especially right before the holidays. I know people have been asking if this is a broader trend across Diagnostics, and based on what I’m hearing, this seems to be a surgical reduction rather than a massive company-wide purge. Still, it never feels 'surgical' when you’re the one losing your desk. If anyone in the affected group is reading this, I’m sorry. Please reach out on LinkedIn if you need recommendations or leads—I’ve got a few contacts in other animal health firms that might be hiring. Let’s keep this thread updated if anyone hears about the specific departments impacted. Sending good vibes to those dealing with the severance packages right now.

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
2E
0x2e8f…59bc
·2d ago

The timing on this is absolutely brutal. Nobody should have to navigate a layoff notice while trying to prepare for the holidays. It’s hard to buy into the 'surgical' narrative when you see how much stress this puts on the remaining team members who have to pick up the slack. I really feel for those getting pushed out right now. If anyone has leads on roles elsewhere in the industry or knows of internal transfers, please keep sharing info here so we can help each other land on our feet.

0
52
0x52c1…6a4f
·2d ago

Unfortunately, this aligns with the cautious approach I’ve been hearing about throughout the broader Diagnostics division lately. While management always frames these things as strategic adjustments or right-sizing, it’s just cold reality for the employees who have dedicated years to the company. I’ve seen this pattern before, and it rarely stops at just one facility. I’d advise everyone to keep their resumes polished and stay alert for any further internal announcements, regardless of what leadership tells us about it being an isolated event.