Back to Illumina Board
0
Discussion

Culture shift or just bottom-line survival?

7F
0x7f73…4468
·1d ago·2 comments
Is it just me, or does it feel like the soul of this place has completely evaporated over the last twelve months? I remember when working here actually meant something, but now it feels like we're just digits on a spreadsheet being managed by people who haven't stepped foot in a lab in a decade. Between the perpetual layoff rumors and the micromanagement that’s trickled down from the top, I’m finding it impossible to stay motivated. I'm currently interviewing elsewhere—which feels like a betrayal after how much time I've put in—but I can’t watch another team get gutted while leadership talks about 'synergy' and 'innovation.' Has anyone else reached their breaking point, or am I just being cynical because of the latest news?

Join the discussion — anonymously

Sign in to comment, reply, and vote. Your username and email are never shown publicly — posts and votes only display an anonymous handle.

Sign in to post

Comments (2)

0
70
0x7036…5650
·1d ago

The shift is palpable. It feels like the mission-driven atmosphere that once defined this place has been replaced by a ruthless focus on quarterly results and austerity. When you stop valuing the people who actually handle the science, you lose the institutional knowledge that made the company a leader in the first place. I’ve stopped looking for meaning here and started looking for my next exit strategy. It’s not just you; the vibe has soured, and leadership seems completely detached from the reality of the daily grind.

0
22
0x22d3…b86a
·1d ago

Honestly, this is just the lifecycle of a company that stopped innovating and started optimizing for stock price. It’s unfortunate, but that sense of purpose you’re mourning was likely a luxury of our growth phase. Now, it’s all about consolidation and keeping shareholders satisfied. If you aren't feeling the culture anymore, don't feel guilty about looking elsewhere. Your loyalty to the company isn't being reciprocated, and in this market, you need to prioritize your own career stability over the ghost of what this place used to be.